- I work with a few companies that make fountains which allows for a wide variety to choose from. These are great if you like to hear the sound of running water while sitting on your deck. Plus, they look great.
- Aeration systems are great for helping to keep the water clean and clear. It will also help keep algal growth down and provide an excellent environment for fish and wildlife. The added oxygen to your water will help the decomposition processes in your pond. This will help protect your fish from winter and summer kills.
- Vegetation control is a tricky subject. Many pond owners dislike vegetation and want all of it gone. The fact is however that if you wish to have a healthy fish population you need vegetation for all their life processes to take place. Aquatic vegetation also adds oxygen to the water through photosynthesis and also takes nutrients out of your water that would otherwise lead to algae growth. There are cases and instances that some vegetation control is needed and the easiest way to do it is with chemical application.
- These are naturally occurring microorganisms that are beneficial to your pond. They help to improve water quality and clarity by consuming organic waste and excess nutrients in your aquatic system. Although these are naturally occurring in your pond they are not in high enough concentrations to affect your water quality and clarity. There are several types of microbes that we can match to your ponds specific needs.
Water Quality Sampling
- If you are worried about the quality of your water either for your safety or the safety of fish and wildlife, I can get water samples done for you or give you information to get them done.